*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
This vegan dip is bound to be popular – and much better for you than highly processed store-bought ones. And it has a nice little boost of nutrients from the greens and cannellini beans.
Recipe: Greens ‘n’ Beans Dip
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- good handful of chopped greens, eg spinach, rocket, kale (or a mix) – about 1 cup loosely packed
- small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Adjust salt, lemon juice and sugar to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- If you prefer a chunkier texture to the dip, blends the greens, liquids and seasonings first, then add beans and pepitas later so that they will not be as finely processed.
- While any kind of sugar can be used in this recipe, white sugar is best as it does not affect the colour of the dip.