*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
This is a perfect way to still have oats for breakfast even when porridge weather is over. Super simple to make in advance in grab-and-go containers for easy weekday breakfasts.
Recipe: Berry Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- ⅓ cup natural or Greek yoghurt (or dairy-free yoghurt of choice)
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Handful of berries, fresh or frozen
- Mix oats, chia seeds, milk, yoghurt and sweetener together in a bowl or serving container. Place in fridge, covered, overnight.
- In the morning, simply top with berries of your choice and enjoy!
- Measurements above are for a single serving. Simply multiply quantities for the number of people you want to feed. You can make these in individual serving containers to grab-and-go, or make a large batch in one container to serve out in the morning.
- You can prepare several of these in individual containers for the week ahead. They will keep as long as the yoghurt and milk keep.
- Feel free to change the topping to any fruit you like that is in season. Mango and passionfruit make an amazing combo – and some chopped nuts give great crunch.