*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
These thick and hearty pancakes make a perfect breakfast served up with fruit and some yoghurt. And they are made in a blender for ease – just blend, pour into the pan and enjoy less washing up afterwards.
Recipe: Banana & Oat Blender Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
- Add oats to blender and blend until fairly fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add butter or coconut oil to the pan when ready. Pour small amounts of mixture into the pan and cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Turn carefully and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Repeat with the remainder of the mixture.
- Serve with maple syrup or honey, fresh or stewed fruit, yoghurt, etc.
- This mixture is quite thick, and will thicken further as it stands and the oats absorb more liquid. If you prefer a thinner pancake, simply add more milk until your desired consistency is reached.
- It is important to cook these pancakes over medium heat only. If the pan is too hot, they will burn on the outside before setting in the middle, making them difficult to turn. Reduce the heat if this happens.