*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
Chocalate-y, cake-y, fudge-y goodness. It’s hard to go past brownies. These ones are super quick to make, with basic ingredients – and sneaky veg! A fantastic way to use up leftover mashed sweet potato, or simply pop a couple in the oven and bake them just for this purpose.
Recipe: Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ⅓ cup rapadura sugar (firmly packed)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup white spelt flour (or plain flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 50g chopped chocolate (or choc chips)
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line or grease a square cake tin.
- Whisk sweet potato, sugar, oil and egg together.
- Add flour, baking powder and cacao and mix together.
- Gently fold in chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just cooked through.