*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
These wholesome muffins are bound to be a hit in lunchboxes.
Recipe: Carrot Apple & Ginger Muffins
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup rolled oats, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rapadura sugar
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 125g butter, melted & cooled
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced). Line or grease muffin tins.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add grated apple & carrot – stir to mix.
- Make a well in the centre and add wet ingredients.
- Stir gently together, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.