*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
Everyone loves a potato bake! This one is extra tasty with the addition of French onion soup mix – made without using sachets of weird ingredients!
French Onion Potato Bake
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp French Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tbsp flour (plain or spelt)
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Optional: finely sliced onion, crushed garlic, diced bacon
- Butter or oil to grease baking dish
- Grease a baking dish (a lasagne dish works perfectly) with butter or olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Layer half of the sliced potatoes into the baking dish (adding optional ingredients if desired).
- Sprinkle with about a third of the grated cheese.
- Layer the remaining potatoes on top.
- Mix together milk, soup mix and flour.
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkled with the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden.