*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
Who says they’re just for dessert? These would make a perfect breakfast or even an afternoon snack on a cold day. And it’s easy to make as many as you’d like – one apple as a treat for yourself, or make lots for the whole family.
For each apple:
- 4 tablespoons granola or muesli (or a mix of oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter
To serve: yoghurt and cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C, and grease a baking dish with butter.
- Halve the apple(s) horizontally and scoop out the core and a little bit of flesh.
- Fill each half with 2 tablespoons of your muesli or granola or oat mix.
- Mix the melted butter and maple syrup together and drizzle over the filled apple halves.
- Place into the baking dish and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the apples are tender and topping is golden.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon and serve with yoghurt.