I’m sure you’d agree that a huge part of simplifying our lives is the extra mental space this provides.
Getting your dinners written out for the week – perfect!
Having your inbox at zero – so good!
A handbag that contains only essentials – praise be!
And so this month a practice that saves me on the daily. And look, it’s not sexy. If only you could see the MOUNTAIN of notebooks I have lying around….
But it’s effective, and it involves spending five minutes at night writing out essentials for things that need to happen the next day.
You don’t need a fancy notebook, you can even do it electronically.
Just get five things that you’d like to happen onto paper. I mean – let’s go a step further and write out the meals you’ll eat!
Here’s what will happen…
- You’ll stop that horrible mental planning in bed at night.
- You’ll actually tick things off your list, instead of having them floating about in the ether.
- You can begin to trust yourself that things won’t ‘fall off the radar’.
- You can begin to prioritise and create space because you won’t waste time chasing your tail.
- You could choose to put something just for you on that list. And begin adding more joy into your life.
Sound like a plan?
If you already do something similar we’d love to hear about it. If not – by a simple notebook and practice this simple nightly task that could just change your world…..