*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
Make corn on the cob a little bit more interesting with one of these toppings. Or make all three and have a toppings bar at your next barbecue. Each of these toppings recipes makes enough for 4 ears of corn, so simply adjust for different quantities.
- 4 ears of corn, husks on
Cook your corn by your desired method:
- Simply place corn in the husk straight onto the oven shelf and bake at 200 degrees C for approx. 30 minutes. Then peel the husk back and top with your chosen topping.
- Place the corn in the husk on the barbecue over low-medium heat, turning often, for approx. 20 minutes. Then peel the husk back and top with your chosen topping.
- Remove the husk and steam or boil the corn until tender, then top with your chosen topping.
Bacon & Herb Butter
- 100g butter, softened
- 80g bacon, finely diced and pan fried
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, then roll in cling film and freeze, ready to slice into discs to place on top of your hot corn.
- 4 tbsp pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 4 tsbp grated parmesan
- Simply spread the hot corn with pesto and then sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Smokey Feta & Lime
- 80g crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- chopped coriander (optional garnish)
- Mash feta, lime juice and paprika together, then spread over corn and then sprinkle with chopped coriander if desired.