*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
This crust takes the humble fish fillet to the next level – and is super simple to put together and cook quickly in the oven.
- • 4 white fish fillets (barramundi works well, but any white fish would work)
- • 1 cup macadamias
- • handful parsley
- • 1 tbsp chopped chives
- • zest of a lemon
- • 1 tbsp lemon juice
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200. Line a tray with baking paper and drizzle with olive oil. Place fish onto tray.
- Blitz remaining ingredients.
- Press onto fish to form a crust on top.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, then finish under the grill for a couple of minutes to brown the top.
- Serve with your favourite veggies or with chips & salad.
When it comes to choosing fish, it can be quite confusing to decide which fish to buy – Is it sustainable? Is it local? Is it overfished? Is it produced in a farm that damages the environment? A couple of great resources that can help you make the decision are the Good Fish Bad Fish website and the Australian Sustainable Seafood Guide which also provides a free app with a traffic light system you can use when you are shopping – Download here.