*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
This all-in-one dish is absolutely delicious and quick to assemble and cook. A great one to make for guests too, as you can prep ahead and then cook in the oven at the last minute.
- • olive oil
- • 4-6 white fish fillets (enough to feed your family)
- • 1 heaped cup wholemeal couscous
- • 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- • juice and zest of 1 lemon
- • 1 medium zucchini, diced
- • ½ red capsicum, diced
- • 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- • 2 spring onions, sliced
- • handful chopped parsley
- • 1 lemon, sliced
- • salt & pepper
- • extra parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine stock and lemon juice and bring to the boil.
- Add couscous and lemon zest to a medium bowl. Pour over stock and juice and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, then fluff with a fork.
- Heat an oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a dash of olive oil, then add zucchini and capsicum and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften.
- Add tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and couscous and stir to combine.
- Place fish fillets on top of couscous mixture, season with salt and pepper and lay lemon slices on top.
- Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked. This will depend on the thickness of the fillets you are using.
- Remove the pan from the oven carefully, garnish with extra parsley and serve immediately, with extra lemon if desired.
We all know that fish is great for us, but it can also be one of the things we are afraid of cooking – it just seems like it’s hard to get right. But these recipes will make it easy for you.
When it comes to choosing fish, it can be quite confusing to decide which fish to buy – Is it sustainable? Is it local? Is it overfished? Is it produced in a farm that damages the environment? A couple of great resources that can help you make the decision are the Good Fish Bad Fish website and the Australian Sustainable Seafood Guide which also provides a free app with a traffic light system you can use when you are shopping – Download here.