*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
A bit of a twist on the traditional potato salad, this one doesn’t have a heavy mayonnaise-based dressing, but uses a light vinaigrette instead. Another great one for a barbecue!
- • 4-6 potatoes (washed, skin-on), cut into chunks
- • 2 rashers bacon, diced
- • 3 spring onions, sliced
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- • 1 tbsp honey
- • salt & pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, then drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until browned (crispy if you like).
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to mix.
- Add potatoes, spring onions and bacon to a large bowl. Pour over dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Red or white-skinned potatoes work equally well in this salad.
- Dressing this salad while the potatoes are still warm allows them to take on the flavour of the dressing much better.