*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
OK, so pasta isn’t really Greek, but the combination of classic Greek salad ingredients with pasta makes for a delicious and hearty salad, perfect as an accompaniment to grilled meat for dinner, or for lunches.
- • 250g dried pasta
- • 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, diced
- • 1 red capsicum, diced
- • ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, diced
- • ½ red onion, diced
- • 80-100g baby spinach, chopped
- • 80-100g feta, cubed
- • ½ cup (80g) pitted kalamata olives
- • Dressing:
- • 3 tbsp olive oil
- • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (or 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar + 2 tsp balsamic vinegar)
- • 1 tsp honey (or more to taste)
- • 2 tsp dried oregano
- • salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, then drain and rinse in cold water to cool it and stop it sticking together.
- While pasta cooks, dice all the other salad ingredients and add to a large bowl.
- Make dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jar and shaking to combine.
- Add pasta to other ingredients in the bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss through. (Omit this step if you want to take the salad for lunches – take a small container of the dressing with you and dress just before eating.)
- This recipe makes a large quantity of salad, so you may want to reserve some for leftovers before you add the dressing.
- Any type of pasta works for this recipe – wheat, spelt, gluten free, etc . You can also use any shape, work well to hold the dressing.