*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
The colours in this simple salad make it perfect to add to your Christmas table. And the fresh, tangy dressing makes it a great accompaniment to a range of main dishes, whether it’s a barbecue or a traditional roast.
- • 2 bunches asparagus
- • 2 punnets multicoloured cherry or grape tomatoes
- • 100g feta
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- • 1 tsp honey
- • salt & pepper
- Remove woody ends from asparagus and chop into 3cm lengths. Steam until just tender, then refresh in very cold water to stop the cooking process and preserve the green colour.
- Meanwhile, halve cherry tomatoes and cut feta into small cubes.
- To make dressing, add ingredients to a small jar and shake to combine.
- Combine asparagus, tomatoes and feta in a serving dish, pour dressing over and toss gently to combine.
· This recipe is super easy to double or triple(or more!) to feed a crowd.
· Diced avocado makes a great addition to this salad.