The kids are all eating away and my son proclaims this is spicy but delicious.
“I made it up”, I replied.
He said, “Mum you have to put this online!”
Here goes – it’s so delicious!
- • 1 brown onion, thinly chopped
- • 4 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- • 3-4cm piece of ginger peeled and grated finely
- • 2 tbls olive or sesame oil
- • 500g pork mince
- • 1/2 - 1 tsp medium curry powder
- • 2 tbls tomato paste
- • 3 tbls Tamari or soy sauce
- • 1 tbls rice wine vinegar
- • 3 tbls broth or water
- • 1/4 cabbage shredded
- • Rice (enough for your family)
- Warm oil over medium heat in large frypan.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion - be careful not to burn!
- Once onion is translucent add mince and cook through.
- Add curry powder and all the wet ingredients. Bring it to a simmer and let it simmer until the mixture loses a lot of the moisture - should take around ten minutes.
- Half way through cooking time add your cabbage so it softens.
- At the same time, be cooking your rice.
- Add rice and pork mixture to a bowl and add vegetable sides, a dollop of natural yoghurt or have it as is!