*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
This is a super simple one – and super adaptable too. A great way to use up leftover roasted veggies, or to do a fridge clear-out. Quantities are very approximate, so adjust to suit your taste and desired thickness!
- • 4-5 cups vegetables, roasted with a drizzle of olive oil (use whatever you have, but my favourite combination is lots of pumpkin or sweet potato with onion, garlic, capsicum, zucchini and tomato)
- • 1 tin cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1L broth (vegetable or chicken) – more or less depending on how thick you like your soup
- • Salt & pepper to taste (or you could add a tablespoon of vegetable stock concentrate or tamari for depth of flavour)
- • Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- • To serve: Fresh herbs such as parsley or chives, or a dollop of pesto
- Add roasted vegetables to a food processor along with beans and blitz to make a puree.
- Gradually add broth while motor is running, until your desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat through.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Serve with garnish of choice. Extra serves freeze well.