*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
It doesn’t get much easier than popping meat and veg on a tray to roast in the oven. This bright and colourful but mildly flavoured traybake will be a sure winner.
- • 1 large red onion, sliced into wedges
- • 2-3 large carrots, cut into sticks
- • 2 medium-large zucchinis, cut into sticks
- • 1-2 bunches asparagus, spears halved
- • Olive oil for roasting
- • Herbamare (or salt) & pepper
- • 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips (or 4-6 thigh fillets, halved)
- • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- • Juice of 1 lemon
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Add chicken to a bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Herbamare and pepper to taste. Toss to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Toss carrot and onion in a drizzle of olive oil, Herbamare & pepper and spread out on a large baking tray.
- Place tray into oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Toss zucchini and asparagus in a drizzle of olive oil, Herbamare & pepper and add to tray with carrot and onion. Place marinated chicken on top.
- Return tray to oven for another 20-30 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.