I got this idea from Belinda at The Root Cause – she’s travelling around Australia with her family teaching people how to pack healthy lunch boxes – I love her stuff!
The Simplest Chicken and Corn Soup
- • 2 cups chicken stock (directions below) - or as much as you need for your family
- • Leftover shredded roast chicken
- • 200g corn kernels
- • Packet of vermicelli noodles
- • Dash of tamarind (or soy sauce)
- Add stock to a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken and noodles and cook until noodles are soft.
- Add corn and tamarind and cook for another two minutes.
You can add in other vegetables, too – like thinly sliced carrots and onion and peas – but sometimes keeping it simple is okay, too.