When it comes to easy and delicious dinners – this is awesome! If your kids are more inclined to eat pasta – then replace the potato with pasta.
Chicken Parmigiana Potato Bake
- • 5 large potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- • Olive oil
- • Leftover chicken
- • 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- • 1 heaped tsp Italian herbs
- • 300g tasty cheese
- • 2 slices good quality bacon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread potatoes on two baking trays, coat with oil, and place in oven for half an our or until cooked.
- In the meantime, shred your chicken, grate the cheese, dice the bacon, and mix the tin of tomatoes with the Italian herbs.
- Once potato thins are cooked, layer them on the bottom of a casserole dish, place bacon and chicken on top, pour tomato mixture on top of that, and then finish with your grated cheese.
- Put it back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, place servings on a plate along with a simple salad of baby spinach, cucumber, snow peas and balsamic vinegar.