This is a firm family weekend favourite. I must say, my favourite way with French Toast is topped with bacon and maple syrup – an indulgent breakfast that keeps me full for HOURS!
- • 8 slices of thickly cut sourdough bread, gluten free bread, or bread of choice
- • 4 eggs
- • 1 tsp vanilla essence
- • 3 tbls butter or coconut oil
- Warm fry pan on stove over medium heat and add one tbls butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and then onto warm frypan.
- Repeat the dipping to fit as many slices onto pan as possible.
- Flip when cooked on one side.
Top with your choice: Bacon, berries, stewed fruit, maple syrup, natural yoghurt, whipped cream