I know you think it’s too hard – but it’s crazy easy. And there’s a reason it’s making a resurgence. It’s so damn good for you.
- • Leftover chicken carcass
- • 4 litres of water
- • 2 leeks or 2 onions, chopped in chunks
- • 2 carrots, chopped in chunks
- • 2-3 cloves of garlic - halved
- • 2 tbls apple cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- If any foam rises to the top, remove it with a spoon.
- Pop a lid on the saucepan, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 hours. (You can also do this in a slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours.)
- Strain chicken carcass and vegetables and store your chicken stock in the fridge for a week - or freeze it.