*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
Try this spicy twist on trail mix. It’s so simple!
Sweet and Spicy Curry Trail Mix
- • 2 tbsp melted ghee (or olive oil)
- • 2 tbsp maple syrup
- • 2 tbsp curry powder
- • 2 tsp salt
- • 3 cups mixed nuts and seeds (cashews, almonds and pepitas are a great mix)
- • ½ cup organic sultanas or currants (preservative free)
- • ½ cup organic coconut flakes (preservative free)
- Mix ghee, maple syrup, curry powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the mixed nuts and seeds and stir to coat.
- Spread flat on a lined tray and bake at 150 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
- Mix through the sultanas and coconut flakes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight jar. But be warned – this stuff is addictive, and dipping your hand in the jar too often will leave you with telltale curry-stained hands!