I was feeling seriously uninspired about dinner the other night.
Sausages + salad = not that exciting, right?
Until I remembered that bit of pumpkin in the fridge and whizzed up a pumpkin purée!
Wow so yummy!!
Coupled with baby spinach, avocado, cucumber, salt and pepper drizzled with olive oil.
To make the purée I used my Thermie but you could easily use a stick blender.
- • a small onion
- • clove of garlic
- • 20 g olive oil
- • 450 g of cubed pumpkin
- • 80 g of coconut milk
- • 60 g of water
- Cut your onion and garlic finely and cook in a saucepan with the olive oil over low heat.
- Once onion is translucent then add the water and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Take it off the heat after five minutes.
- In the meantime steam your cubed pumpkin.
- Once soft, blend the pumpkin and coconut milk mixture together with a stick blender until smooth.
- Chop the onion and garlic on speed 7, for 3 seconds. Added the olive oil and cooked for 2 minutes, speed 1, at 100 degrees.
- Add the cubed pumpkin, coconut milk and water and cook on speed 1, 15 minutes, at 100 degress.
- Once cooked, purée on speed 8 for 20 seconds.