One Pot Tuna, Quinoa and Veggies
- • 1 brown onion
- • 3 cloves of garlic
- • 30 ml olive oil
- • 2 zucchini
- • 1 cup quinoa (rinsed thoroughly and drained)
- • 1 tin whole tomatoes (chop with a knife before adding and add all the juice too)
- • 2 cups water
- • 2 x 185g tins of tuna (in oil or spring water)
- • 100 g of frozen peas
- • 100 g frozen corn
- • couple of handfuls of kalamata olives (I pitted and sliced mine)
- • danish fetta (to sprinkle on top)
- Chop zucchini into three large chunks and place into thermomix. Cut at speed 4-5 for 5 seconds. Remove from the bowl and set aside
- Add onion and garlic to the bowl and dice at speed 7 for 3 seconds. Scrape down bowl and add 30 ml olive oil
- Cook at 100 degrees, 2.5 minutes, speed 1
- Add tomatoes, quinoa, zucchini and water and cook 100 degrees, 10 minutes, speed 1
- Add tuna, peas and corn and cook 100 degrees, 5 minutes, speed 1.
- Once cooked transfer to your thermoserver and give it a good seasoning with salt and pepper. When serving add olives and fetta to the top of the dish. Serve with a salad if you desire.
- (This is going to be approximate because I cooked mine in thermie, but it’a what I’d do if I was cooking stovetop!) Dice your onion and crush the garlic. Add it to a pot with olive oil, on medium heat.
- Cook until translucent then add your tomato, quinoa, grated zucchini and water and once simmering, cook for ten minutes.
- Add your tuna, peas and corn and simmer until quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- When serving add olives and fetta, salt and pepper to garnish. Enjoy! x