Nick’s Lamb Kofta’s with Tzatziki
- • 1 kg lamb mince
- • Two spring onions (thinly sliced and diced)
- • 1/2 bulb of garlic (crushed)
- • 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • Handful of parsley chopped finely
- • 2 cm knob of ginger (grated)
- • 1 cup Natural yoghurt
- • 1/4 cucumber (diced in very small pieces)
- • 2 teaspoon fresh dill (finely chopped)
- • 2 teaspoon fresh mint (finely chopped)
- • Juice of half a lemon
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together with your hands to combine well.
- Roll into kofta shapes. (Can do it around a skewer, make round balls or the longer kofta shape)
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat or the barbecue and cook the kofta’s, rotating all the time for an even cook.
- They would also work in the oven at 180 degrees for ease - just give the pan a jiggle after 15 minutes and leave them in there until cooked (half an hour)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve alongside kofta’s with salad or added to wraps with kofta’s and salad. YUM!