Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. Give me strength. – I almost ate a whole eggplants worth.
These are so good!
It’s like eggplant heaven.
- • 2 eggplants
- • Good quality salt (I use pink himalayan)
- • 2 eggs
- • 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- • 1/2 tsp Herbamare (flavoured salt you can buy at supermarkets – if you don’t have it use normal salt)
- • 1 tsp dulse flakes (seaweed flakes you get from the health food store – totally optional)
- • olive oil
- Cut 2 eggplants into ‘chip’ shapes.
- Sprinkled with salt and let sit for half an hour in a large bowl.
- Then I whisked up two eggs and added to the bowl, coating the eggplant.
- I then mixed flour and spices/salt/dulse together and put on a plate.
- In batches I took the egg soaked eggplant and coated in the flour mixture.
- Once coated I cooked them in a pan with olive oil at a moderate temperature. Turning to cook on all sides.
- You’ll need to keep adding olive oil to the pan (It needs to totally coat the bottom). Coconut oil would also be amazing but my family cannot stand anything cooked in it, so I use the olive oil and just make sure the pan doesn’t get too hot.