I pulled out all the ingredients to make hummus to dip some veggies in but…. no chickpeas!
Well done Lisa.
But, I used white beans (cannellini beans) instead and the result is a creamy and delicious dip.
This is pretty much exactly what I would use to make hummus, but with chickpeas obviously. And too much garlic makes it ‘too spicy’ for the kids – so just go carefully there.
- • 1 tin cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- • 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- • Juice of one lemon
- • 1 tbls hulled tahini
- • A good pinchof salt
- • Approx 1-2 tbls olive oil
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to a blender and mix for thirty seconds (Thermomix speed 4)
- Add olive oil (you want to add enough to get a lovely smooth consistency) and mix for another minute in your blender (speed 4-5 Thermomix)
- Done! Get dipping.