I made this cake up out of necessity. I got to creating when I really needed a cake but didn’t have a few staples on hand. It came up an absolute treat (read – I can’t stop eating or making it!). I experimented with how it would turn out as cupcakes – once again amazing.
The addition of the raspberries is not 100% necessary but because I don’t generally add icing to my cakes, it adds a lovely touch of sweetness. And who doesn’t love a raspberry?
- • 220 g white spelt flour
- • 1 x 270g tin coconut milk
- • 100 g rapadura or coconut sugar
- • 40 g cacao or cocoa
- • 50 g desiccated coconut
- • 120 g room temperature butter
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 tsp bicarb soda
- • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- • 100 g frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- With a thermomix – place all ingredients, except raspberries, in bowl and mix on speed 4-5 for 20 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
- With other appliances (go the hand held beaters!) just place all ingredients, except raspberries, in your mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- (The raspberries you can either sprinkle over the top of the cake once the mixture is in the cake tin or gently fold through the mixture in the bowl).
- Place mixture in a lined round or square cake tin. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave in tin to cool for ten minutes before removing. Alternatively, this makes at least 12 large cupcakes. Just reduce cooking time to 25 minutes. Enjoy x