I’ve been in experimentation mode with my Savoury Crepes. The kids LOVE them so I thought I’d start getting creative with fillings.
I had a flash reminder of Duck pancakes – you know – those awesome ones you get in restaurants. But I didn’t have duck.
Never fear – chicken drumsticks to the rescue!
Enjoy this simple and tasty marinade – add some extra heat with chilli if you so desire!
- • 6 Chicken drumsticks
- • 2 tbls tomato paste
- • 1 tbls honey
- • 1 tbls tamari
- • 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- • 2cm knob of ginger grated finely (optional)
- • 1 tbls apple cider vinegar
- • 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- • Juice of 1 lime
- • 2 spring onions (julienned or cubed)
- • 2 cucumbers (julienned or cubed)
- • 2 red chilli's (optional)
- • 1 batch of Savoury Crepes (see recipe link above)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix tomato paste, honey, tamari, garlic, ginger (if using), apple cider vinegar, Chinese five spice together in a small bowl to form a paste.
- Cover drumsticks with the paste and marinate for half an hour - or just put straight in the oven on a baking tray.
- Cook for half an hour or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven make the Savoury Crepes.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Shred the meat off the bone and mix through the marinade. Add the juice of a lime to the mixture.
- Place pancakes flat onto plates, and add chicken, spring onion, cucumber and chilli (if using) and roll into a log. Enjoy!