I’ll admit it, I was skeptical about eating raw broccoli. But I thought I’d give it a go because I had a beautiful head that I’d just bought at the farmers market. And I loved it. More than cooked broccoli.
This is a weird combo of ingredients but it TOTALLY works! Trust me. And we used the mango to bribe my two-year-old son to eat the broccoli – worked a treat.
- • 1 head of broccoli (uncooked and chopped into small florets)
- • 1 mango (cut into cubes)
- • 1 avocado (cut into cubes)
- • 1/4 purple cabbage (sliced thinly)
- • handful of almonds
- • handful of pepitas
- • splash of balsamic vinegar
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir so that the avocado and mango make things a little mushy.
Use as a side dish (we had it with a salmon fillet) or a meal on it’s own. Leftovers the next day would make an awesome lunch.