Quinoa and Smoked Trout Salad
- • 1 smoked trout
- • 1 cup of quinoa
- • handful of snow pea sprouts (rocket/baby spinach would be good too)
- • 2 tomatoes diced
- • the juice of one lemon
- • olive oil
- The trick with quinoa is that it has to be very well rinsed. In a sieve, add your cup of quinoa and then pour water over it for a good minute at least. This is very important.
- Once rinsed add the quinoa to a saucepan containing two cups of water and cook it the same way you would rice, using the absorption method. So bring the water to the boil and let it gently simmer. It’ll take between 10-15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking take the skin off the fish and break the meat into chunks. Be careful to remove all bones.
- Place in a salad bowl. Then add your tomatoes, sprouts, lemon juice and olive oil and give it a good old season with salt and pepper. You’re pretty much done now.
- Just wait for your quinoa to cook. You’ll know because the outside of the little grains become transparent. It still retains a ‘bite’ to it though – like al dente pasta. Once it’s ready add to your salad bowl and mix away. The sprouts should wilt a little but not too much.