This stirfry got it’s name because of the weirdly similar taste the sauce has to a certain fast food chains’ ‘Special Sauce’…
I wonder if you’ll agree?
What a delicious experiment it was – the kids all devoured it. Feel free to use whichever protein works for you.
- • 1-2 tbls olive or coconut oil
- • 500 g beef strips
- • 1 onion (diced)
- • 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- • 2 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- • 2 handfuls baby spinach
- • 2 heaped tbls tomato paste
- • 1 tbls Dijon mustard
- • 1 1/2 tbls tamari (or soy sauce)
- • Juice of half a lemon
- • 1/4 cup broth or water
- Cover the bottom of a wok or fry pan with oil.
- Warm it over medium heat on the stove.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add beef and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and zucchini (you could use any veggies!) and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all sauce ingredients and mix well through the beef and vegetables.
- Cook for five minutes or until it's reduced to a thick paste. Add spinach and lemon juice and stir.
- Mix through cooked rice, rice noodles or soba noodles - sooooo good!