My kids are loving these drumsticks at the moment (and so are Nick and I!)
There are some delicious crumbling recipes out there to make stuff taste like KFC (and they’re awesome) but sometimes I just don’t have all the herbs and spices and dinner needs to be ready NOW!
- • 6 organic chicken drumsticks
- • 2 handfuls cashews
- • 2 ends of a loaf of bread (great way to use leftover sourdough ends)
- • 1 tsp garlic powder
- • 1 tsp unrefined salt
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 handful or two of spelt flour (or any flour)
- • olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- In your blender crush the bread, cashews, garlic powder and salt until a fine crumb – in Tmx speed 9 for 10 seconds. (Sometimes if I need to bulk the mixture out I’ll add a handful of spelt flour to the mixture too).
- Coat drumsticks in flour and then dip in egg that you’ve whisked in a bowl. Then coat the chicken with the crumb mixture and place on a baking dish.
- Repeat for all drumsticks – flour, egg, crumb.
- Once they are finished drizzle olive oil over the top and a bit along the bottom of the dish.
- Place in oven for half an hour, or until cooked through, turning once half way. Oh yum!!