*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
This is such an easy way of getting a beautiful hash and eggs together.
You don’t need to stand at the stove and stir. Just pop the hash in the oven and then crack the eggs in near the end – too easy!
This recipe is pretty flexible – use different veggies if you prefer, and adjust the quantities to suit your family.
- • olive oil
- • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- • 2 small-medium zucchinis, grated
- • 2 medium sweet potatoes, grated
- • 2-3 rashers bacon, diced
- • handful cherry or grape tomatoes
- • 2-3 handfuls baby spinach (or kale or silverbeet), finely sliced
- • 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix together onion, zucchini, sweet potato and bacon and spread on a lined baking tray. Spray or drizzle and toss with olive oil.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally.
- Mix through spinach and cherry tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Make some hollows in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Bake for a further 10-15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to you liking.
- Serve as is, or topped with crumbled feta, diced avocado or dollops of pesto.