I’m a big fan of choosing the best possible meat you can find and afford.
This means – MINCE! I always try and have beef, pork and chicken mince on hand. And I’ve gotten pretty creative over the years. My Chicken, Carrot and Feta patties are a standout and also my Wholefood Meatballs.
What your meat eats matters to you.
This recipe was born because I’m always looking for delicious ways to add protein to my kids’ diet – especially my son.
- • 500 g organic chicken mince
- • 100 g breadcrumbs (quinoa flakes or gluten-free flour for GF option)
- • 2 cm piece of ginger
- • Zest of 1 small lemon
- • 1 small brown onion
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tsp herbamare or salt
- • 1/2 dulse flakes (optional)
- • 1 tbls tamari (or soy sauce if you don’t have it)
- Finely grate ginger and lemon zest and add them with the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until similar to a sausage meat consistency (You can always mash really well with your hands!).
- Roll into small balls and add to a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and cook in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked, turning once halfway through.