*Recipe by Katherine from the Small Steps Team
These tasty little morsels are fantastic for lunch. Kids will love them with some yoghurt to dip and some raw veggies alongside, or they can be easily used in a wrap or as a salad topping.
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped/minced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup quinoa flakes (or breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp Herbamare, or salt to taste
- ¼ - ½ tsp paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook onion, garlic and carrot until soft. Leave to cool slightly.
- Add carrot mixture to a food processor along with remaining ingredients, and process until combined.
- Using wet hands, roll small balls of the mixture and form into small patties. Place onto a baking tray sprayed/brushed with olive oil. Brush or spray tops with more olive oil.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon or some yoghurt for dipping.