Rich Tomato and Chicken Pasta
- • 1 tbls olive oil
- • 3 rashers bacon chopped
- • 1 brown onion thinly diced
- • 3 garlic cloves thinly diced or crushed
- • 1 bottle tomato passata
- • 1 tin tin chopped tomatoes
- • 1/2 tsp sugar
- • 1 tsp tamari or a few good dhakes of salt
- • Small handful fresh basil thinly sliced
- • 2 good glugs of red wine
- • Leftover roast chicken
- • Pasta of choice
- • Parmesan to sprinkle
- Heat oil on medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and bacon and cook until onion is translucent and bacon slightly browning.
- Add passata, tinned tomato, basil, sugar, tamari, red wine and cook for 10-15 minutes to reduce.
- At the same time start boiling water for your pasta and cook it once boiling.
- After ten minutes add leftover chicken and cook for another five minutes (if you want to use fresh chicken just add 3-4 sliced chicken thighs when you are cooking the bacon, onion and garlic).
- Once cooked add it to the top of pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan.