- 1/2 large jap pumpkin, cut in chucks
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 cups chicken, beef or vegetable broth
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cut pumpkin into large wedges, and spread on baking tray (or trays). Add peeled and halved onion and whole, unpeeled garlic cloves to the tray and coat in olive oil and a few sprinkles of salt.
3. Place tray in the oven to cook for 30-40 minutes – until pumpkin is soft all the way through.
4. Once ingredients are roasted scrape the pumpkin away from it’s skin and into a saucepan, add the onion and the inside of the garlic (squeeze out the cooked garlic from inside the casing).
5. Add the broth/stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil on the stove top. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Then use your stick blender and blend until smooth.
6. Alternatively this process can happen in a thermomix by adding all ingredients to the thermomix, cooking for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 and then blending on speed 9 for one minute.
7. Add a dash of cream to serve.