- 1 kg beef or lamb bones
- Dash of apple cider vinegar
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 2 carrots, chopped into quarters
- 10 cups of water
- Any other herbs / veggies you want to add
1. Place bones, water and a few dashes of the vinegar in your slow-cooker. Do not turn it on. Allow to rest for an hour.
2. Add vegetables to slow cooker and turn to high heat.
3. Once it’s boiling away, reduce the temperature and allow to simmer for 12 hours (maximum 18 hours).
4. In the morning, strain the stock and place the liquid in the fridge. I tend to use it over the next 5-6 days and freeze what I don’t use in either ice-cube trays to pop out and add to food or in a glass container in a ‘soup size’ portion.
Use in soups, casseroles, stir-fry – anything you add a bit of liquid to, and enjoy the goodness!