Leftover Porridge Cakes
- • 1 cup of leftover cooked porridge
- • 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour (you could use normal wheat flour if you prefer)
- • 1 egg
- • 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1/2 cup of sultanas
- • 1/4 cup of rapadura sugar (you can use brown sugar but rapadura which is available at the health food store is a healthier option)
- • 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a mini-muffin tin with butter or oil (I used macadamia oil or olive oil would work too). It makes around 16 mini-cupcakes. (Feel free to try larger cupcakes moulds but I have a feeling that the cakes would end up not rising and being a little too dense. These ones are a perfect snack size.)
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until fully combined. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
- Then divide the mixture evenly (about a large teaspoon full for each cake). Remember they will rise.
- Put into the oven for twenty minutes or until cooked through.