I have been looking for a muesli bar recipe that I really like. One that is the perfect consistency (crunch and chew in equal measure). But nothing was really hitting the spot. So I created this dairy free, nut free muesli bar out of necessity.
- • 120 g / 4 tbls honey
- • 60 g / 1 tbls heapedcoconut oil could replace with butter
- • 2 tbls coconut sugar could use rapadura sugar
- • 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- • 250 g / 2 1/3 cup oats
- • 50 g / 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- • 60 g / 1/3 cup pepitas
- • 60 g / 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- • 2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 tbls chia seeds
- • 60 g / 3 chopped dates
- • 60 g / 6 chopped dried apricots
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat oven to 150 degrees
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl or blender and combine.
- Over a low heat, melt the sugar, honey, vanilla and coconut oil together.
- Once the sugar has dissolved add the mixture to the dry ingredients. If you’re using a blender, then whizz it until it all comes together. If using a bowl mix it up really well until totally combined.
- Put mixture into baking tray and flatten to about 1-2 cms. (The thinner it is the crunchier it will be). Place in oven for 30 minutes or until browned all over. Cut into squares or rectangles.
The recipe is very forgiving so if you want more coconut then add more coconut. If you don’t have any apricots – then don’t add them! I think you get what I’m saying. Let me know what you think.