This is the ultimate wholesome muffin base and you get to add ANY FILLING you desire!
Think strawberries, mango, pear, choc chips, raspberries, rhubarb, apple – anything!
If you’re after a delicious, light, not-too-sweet whole food muffin, I think you’ll love this. Change the flavours with the seasons and remember the golden rule with muffins – not to over mix.
- • 2 cups spelt flour or wheat flour
- • 1 cup dessicated coconut
- • 1/2 cup rapadura sugar or any other sugar / brown sugar
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • 1/2 cup Natural yoghurt
- • 2 eggs
- • 1/2 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- • 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- • 1/2 - 1 cup chopped seasonal fruit
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare a 12 cupcake tray by greasing with coconut oil or using cupcake liners
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add milk, yoghurt, vanilla and eggs to a separate bowl and whisk
- Combine wet and dry mixtures gently together
- Add macadamia oil to mixture and continue mixing
- Add your fruit and evenly distribute - gently! Do not over mix
- Separate mixture out into the 12 cupcake holders and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve with butter or whipped cream straight out of the oven!