A simple, low sugar cake. Pop all ingredients in your food processor and whizz!
Chocolate Banana Cake
- • 2 cups white spelt flour (or wheat or gluten-free flour)
- • 1 cup dessicated coconut
- • 1/2 cup rapadura sugar (or raw sugar if you don’t have it)
- • 1 not-too-ripe banana
- • 3/4 cup dairy or non dairy milk
- • 1/2 cup olive oil or macadamia oil
- • 1 tbls cacao or dutched cocoa
- • 2 large eggs
- • 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend to combine – 20-30 seconds on medium.
- Scrape down sides and repeat.
- Pour mixture into a lined cake pan of choice – I love a loaf tin for this cake.
- Cook in oven for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Slice once cooled (if you can wait!) and eat with a dollop of whipped cream or on it’s own.