Liz’s Fried Rice with a Twist
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 brown onion diced thinly
- • 2 - 3 cloves of garlic diced
- • 2 rashers of bacon sliced
- • 2 - 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 cauliflower cut into florets (or basmati rice)
- • Vegetables of choice broccoli, succhini, squash, carrot, peas, corn
- Heat olive oil in wok over medium heat.
- Once warm, add onion, garlic and bacon to pan.
- Once onion is translucent, push all ingredients to the side and crack your eggs into the pan. Move the eggs around like scrambling them. Once cooked, mix onion, garlic, bacon and eggs together.
- Add the tamari to the pan and all the vegetables. If required, add more oil or tamari so that the vegetables can sweat. You want a bit of liquid at the bottom.
- While vegetables are cooking, add the cauliflower florets to your blender. You want to pulse them or grind them to the point they are like little grains of rice.
- Add them to the pan with the vegetables once veggies have softened and cook away for 4-5 minutes or until the cauliflower becomes soft.
If you want to use rice instead of cauliflower then follow the packet instructions for cooking and add to the pan once veggies are soft.