Put all ingredients in an oven dish, cook and serve. Couldn’t be easier! A firm weeknight favourite in this house.
Sausage and Veg
- • Enough sausages to feed your family
- • Vegetables for roasting any of these work beautifully – sweet potato, potato, beetroot, broccoli, zucchini, tomato, onion, pumpkin, parsnip. Add enough portions to pack the plates of your family!
- • Olive Oil/tallow/bacon fat/duck fat
- • Salt or Herbamare
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut vegetables into cubes – make sure they are cut in a similar size for even cooking.
- Add vegetables to a baking tray or roasting pan. Coat with the olive oil, or animal fat, and sprinkle with salt or herbamare (herb and salt sprinkle found at supermarket).
- Place into oven for half an hour for ‘just cooked’ as in photo, or 45 minutes to one hour for a crispy and caramelised effect.
- While the vegetables are cooking away, there are two ways you can cook your sausages. You can either add them to a baking tray and cook in the oven along with the vegetables or cook on a pan on the stovetop over a moderate temperature. I use a little olive oil to coat the pan but ensure that it doesn’t get too hot.There you go. It was that hard. Dinner – done!
Find the recipe here.