Chicken, carrot and feta patties the WHOLE family will love.
- • 500g organic chicken mince
- • 2-3 spring onions
- • large handful of fresh parsley
- • 1 large carrot or 2 small carrots
- • 2 eggs
- • 2 pieces of frozen sourdough bread OR 80-100g of breadcrumbs (use quinoa flakes or perhaps even brown rice flour for gluten free)
- • 100-150g of feta (I used Danish because I had it but Greek would hold together better) – leave out feta for dairy free
- • olive oil or coconut oil for frying
- Finely chop spring onion and parsley and add to a large bowl
- Grate carrot and add to bowl with chicken mince, eggs, breadcrumbs and feta and use your hands to mix in thoroughly.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a frypan and heat on medium-high heat.
- Shape a tablespoon full of mixture into a ball and place into the pan when warm and press down with the back of a spoon to make a flatter ‘pattie shape’. (I fitted six patties into my saucepan so had to do a number of batches). Turn patties with a spatula when golden on the underside. Ensure that they are cooked through before removing from pan. You may want to turn down the heat to ensure they don’t burn.
Eat as a hamburger or with salad, or with roasted or steamed veggies. They’d be lovely served with sweet potato mash and corn on the cob. The opportunities are endless!