Everyone needs a go-to meatball recipe, don’t they? Not too dry, loved by all, usable across a lot of different dishes. I’ve been experimenting with meatballs a lot and often I add in veggies but here is a basic meatball recipe that the crowd will love!
I cook in the oven because I’m lazy and can’t be bothered with the pan frying, but you could do this too.
- • 500 g pork mince
- • 1 1/2 cup fresh sourdough breadcrumbs (can use 1/2 cup quinoa flakes for gluten free option)
- • 2 garlic cloves crushed
- • 1 heaped tsp Italian herbs
- • 2 tbls tamari (soy sauce alternative – grab it at the supermarket)
- • 2 tbls tomato paste or homemade tomato sauce
- • Olive oil for drizzling
- • Delicious easy wholefood meatballs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients until extremely well combined. If you have a mixer use that. Otherwise use your hands and get down and dirty! (I used thermomix speed 5 for 30 seconds).
- Once fully combined roll into balls – I usually do around the size of a heaped teaspoon, but feel free to make them bigger.
- Pop them on a baking tray and coat lightly with olive oil.
- Cook in the oven for approx 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Enjoy!