- • 1 1/4 cup / 170g wholemeal spelt flour (or wheat, buckwheat or gluten-free flour)
- • 1/2 cup / 60g LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds) *
- • 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- • 1/4 tsp salt
- • 1/3 cup / 70g maple syrup **
- • 1/3 cup / 70g macadamia oil **
- • 1 tsp vanilla (extract, vanilla bean paste or seeds of half a vanilla bean)
- • 40 g dark chocolate chopped in large chunks (I like Green and Blacks or Lindt – both 85%)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients, apart from the chocolate, to a mixer and beat until coming together.
- (Tmx – speed 4, 15 seconds)
- Then add your chocolate chunks and mix through until distributed
- (Tmx – reverse, speed 3, 5 seconds)
- Place walnut sized round balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten gently.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and leave to cool (if you can) before eating.
* Instead of LSA you could use – almond meal OR ‘Magic seed mix’ OR extra flour
** Instead of maple syrup and macadamia oil you could use raw honey and melted coconut oil
I have also tried this using 120g room temperature butter and 50g rapadura sugar. They were crumblier but totally delicious.
Oh and a friend said “you know what I love most about these is the big chunks of chocolate” so don’t chop it up too fine.